Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thursday September 24, 2015 Pizza/Rio T

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday September 24, 2015
I went for my chiropractic appointment with Dr Rob Annis (originally from Vancouver) at noon and ended up very pleased with the results today.  My shoulder is coming along well and I asked if he could hook up my wrist to the electromagnetic pulse machine as well.  Boy, what a great difference in my hand already!
On the way home I decided to try out the new MovieHouse Pizza place that took over the space on Gonzalez Suarez from the Shawarma outfit.  They had an executive $3.99 lunch with lots of choices so I opted for 2 BBQ wings, beef lasagna, lemonade, and a fruit with cream cup.  I will be back there often...!!! 
They also have a 2 for 1 pizza specials from 3pm to 6pm, as well as an $11.99 pizza with a movie special (like the new Entourage movie...).  I should have asked if I can combine the 2 specials??..
As I crossed my Puente de Monay I realized how low the Tomebamba is right now because we haven't had a decent rain in weeks.  We are asked to conserve water so I intend to shower with a friend soon, lol.  Since they are expecting a real bad El Nino season Cuenca is expected to maybe see a drought while the coastal areas will be flooding.  They say that a lot of beachfront properties are going to suffer badly.
In the last drought they called the Rio Tomebamba the "River Of Rocks".  It doesn't take much, because the river is incredibly shallow at normal flows.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  I apologize for the quality as they were all taken with the little Samsung pocket camera.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

The MovieHouse Pizza shop has its own Chewbacca Wookie

Heckuva lotta choices for this nice lunch

For appetizer I had the 2 BBQ wings

My drink was a large lemonade

Main dish of lasagna was a wonderful surprise

Good portion of strawberries with cream for dessert - delicious!

You certainly wouldn't get your knees wet crossing the Rio T

This little creek feeds to the Rio T

I like to come here, it is so picturesque

View from a pedestrian bridge

This is where it meets the Rio T

View west from the Monay bridge

View east from the bridge at Monay

"River of Rocks" is appropriate...