Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thursday September 3, 2015 Night Ride

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday September 3, 2015
My first task today was to meet at the next site for the OBG dance with the fellow that I wanted to contract to DJ the show.  We struck an agreement and will meet later to supply him with our music and that of our patrons.  I have given our patrons the option of supplying up to 3 songs each but so far nobody has submitted anything.
Then I rested up a bit because I was determined to go out on the Thursday night ride with the bike club.  I finally realized that the reason that I have dumped Toxic twice is because I was using the front brake while turning on slippery surfaces.  I have to really concentrate to use only the rear brake as much as possible.
I showed up at the beautiful Puente Roto (Broken Bridge) just before 7:30 and I was the only one there....   I checked my watch several times and, this being Ecuador, everybody else showed up late.   There was a photographer present and he even brought capped beers as props for photos.   One neat bike caught my eye with its camo colours and I commented on it to Francisco, our fearless leader.  He said that it was in a Mad Max scheme.   I should have recognized that because I had just watched the movie last night....
I think we all got away shortly before 8:30 this time and headed east, passing by Monay on our way to a viewpoint high above Challuabamba.  It was pitch black up there and at times my camera refused to shoot, even in manual mode.  That can be so frustrating at times.  The shots are poor because they are all hand-held.  I started to try to bring a tripod but figured that would have to wait until I can rig some better holders on Toxic. 
They took a route back that went right by Lotis & Mike's, and Oswaldo's to the Autopista, then they cut down at the Hospital IESS and 24 de Mayo, so I  was happy to be taken within 1/2 block of home.
I desperately wanted a snack after the ride but didn't want my normal household snacks.  I walked a block over and got some delicious salchipapas for $1.  
The good news is that, even though my right shoulder isn't 100%, I had no trouble handling the bike tonight.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

The Broken Bridge is a beautiful night attraction.  Toxic looks lonely.

It is well lit so it is surprising that it is reputedly a spot for drug deals

Definitely one of my favourite spots

Mad Max was coming to ride with us?

The gorgeous Todos Santos (All Saints) church

Another one of my favourite subjects

Mad Max bike again

I like that helmet in the center

A decent group to begin with...

Nice view, bad hand-held shot...

Eeuuuwww, this is worse...

It is pitch black up here

I was lucky to get the camera to shoot at all

It was quite a climb for these small cycles

Trying from a different vantage point

I didn't even see this structure in the dark...

Or this cross on the promontory...

You can see how bad the hand-held shot is

My reward for my bravery,... salchipapas