Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday September 20, 2015 Andre The Giant

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunday September 20, 2015
I really wish that I was like some folks who can fall asleep almost at will...  I am not supposed to sleep on my sore right shoulder for a while and it lets me know this when I try to roll that way, usually after about 4 hours sleep.  And then the marvelous machine that is the brain begins to plan the week ahead.  After an hour I just gave up and got to work.
I began to formulate my email to all my dancers for the Oct 7 dance.  I will sit on it until tomorrow in case some edits pop into my mind over 24 hours.
After lunch I checked the feeder for the 4 Toms and Andre.  It was pretty low, and dirty.  I now have to refill it at least 3 times a day for these hungry hummers.  So I figured I would let them empty it so that I could clean it before refilling.
I decided to have a quick nap and dozed a little when a lot of racket at the window alerted me that the feeder was probably empty and the hummers were upset.  Sure enough....
I had the big camera handy and was delighted to finally catch Andre in some pretty good poses!  I was rather pleased with myself when I saw the results of my hand-held shots on the computer.  I even took a chance and held the feeder in my hand.  Andre finally came and ate from my hand, those huge wings actually hitting my fingers.  Some day I will have to film that.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

Andre and the 4 Toms are battling for the feeder

Andre The Giant is quite impressive in size

The 4 Toms keep pestering him for a turn at the feeder

Andre, in all his glory

Those wings probably spread 12 inches in full.

Those big wings hit my fingers when I was hand-feeding him

Good to the last drop!