Monday, September 28, 2015

Sunday September 27, 2015 Arrival

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunday September 27, 2015
I didn’t realize that I had a couple photos from last Sunday when I visited with Oswaldo in Ucubamba.  Love his big acreage.
This Sunday began with a bit of a nightmare.  First there was more severe insomnia, followed by a faulty wake-up alarm.  I got a call from Cristina that they had arrived at the bus station 40 minutes early, so I was rushing like a madman.  My neighbor Nilo was to come and help with his van but he was nowhere to be seen and I wasn’t going to ring his bell at 6:30am.  Oswaldo picked me up and we headed on the shortest route only to find that it was again blocked off by the Transvia construction so we had to revert to the long way.
I did as instructed and called Cristina’s phone when we arrived, again and again and again, but she wasn’t answering.  Then we scoured the bus station, twice and couldn’t find them.  I started to walk out to the arriving buses and finally found the group. 
They had a lot less luggage than I expected, but we had the 5 of us, plus the 2 dogs in crates, and somehow we got everything to fit in Oswaldo’s old tank, a ’77 Crown Victoria (probably the biggest car in Cuenca).
Adiela, Cristina’s sister, accompanied Cristina on this horrible 36-hour bus journey from Colombia along with her daughter Natalia.  Apparently they had to pay $50 for some documents for the dogs at the border.  Luckily I had dog beds, dog food, dishes, and treats ready for Lupe and Mariposa who seemed to be bewildered after the 2 days of travel and arriving at a strange house.  They sure like the walkway out front though.
Adiela and Natalia had the thrill of hand-feeding Tom Thumb and feeling the wind from his madly flapping wings.  Natalia even had a brief encounter with Andre the Giant (who actually appears to be a female Giant Hummingbird according to the info I have at hand…..)
The intention was to head to El Centro and take the double-decker bus tour, but we had lunch and it wasn’t long before everyone was crashed out.  Everybody was exhausted.
The lunar eclipse is happening tonight and I was able to watch about ¼ of the bright moon get covered before heavy clouds obliterated our view.  My son Todd in Wetaskiwin, Alberta reported the same thing up there.
Tomorrow should be roughly one of the two times per year when the sun is exactly over our heads, 3 degrees below the equator, on its way south for the winter.   Maybe we will do the double-decker tour tomorrow.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

This is some of the west view from Oswaldo's place

And this is some of the east view

Lupe is all packed and ready to go back to Colombia?

Cristina and Mariposa in their new home

Lupe & Mariposa adjusting to their new digs

Cristina & Adiela with the doggies

Trying to get the moon prior to the eclipse

My best shot, just prior to the eclipse