Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday September 1, 2015 Room Changes

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday September 1, 2015
Yesterday afternoon I decided that I had better get my house ready for visitors expected at the end of September.  My sweetheart Cristina is returning with her niece and doggies in tow so some changes in configurations would be needed.
First I moved the dining room table back to the dining room/garage and covered it well to keep it clean.
Then I moved one of the single beds back into the studio room which wasn't getting any use anyway.  The rooms needed something else so I decided to walk to Coral and check out small computer desks.  I didn 't see any so I asked one of the workers and she pointed at one which was dark, and not what I was looking for.  They used to have a big selection, but she explained that they were not stocking them any more.   She then took me over to a display near the elevators and there were 3 small computer desks that I thought were priced at $58.25 and they were adequate so I told her that I would purchase one.  She gave me the code slip and I went down and waited in line forever to pay, but I was in for a surprise....  When she rang it in, it came up with a 40% discount, plus the desk came with a chair for $35.25 (and I get $3.78 IVA back to boot)!!!  Boy, did I hit that lucky.....  I wanted to go upstairs and grab another one, but one look at the lineups told me to wait until morning.
This morning I went back and picked out the best desk and chair and called over one of the ladies.  There were no discount signs and she said the discount was removed until Weds afternoon or Thursday.  I went a little higher up the chain of command and managed to finally go home with another set for $35.25.  
My next order of business was to check out La Parillada as a possible site for my OBG dances.  That place is huge and has many different-sized rooms scattered about.  I chatted with the owner and he said that my plan to hold monthly dances on a Wednesday night would not be a problem, I could use the biggest salon, and they would keep other patrons well separated from us.   The big salon should hold our group comfortably.
They also serve pretty darn good food so that is a plus that I was looking for.  I had the $6.50 charbroiled burger and fries and could barely finish it!  That cemented it for me so I have made a deal with him to begin October 7.   Now I am busy working on the music angle which I hope to do differently as well.   A preliminary notice has gone out to the group to mark their calendars and many favourable responses have been received already.
It began to rain as I was leaving so I waited for it to abate before venturing out on Toxic.  I was coming up to the traffic circle at Solano, going slow, probably braking, when my front wheel slid out on the wet cement and down I went.  I did not get hurt very bad this time, a skinned knee and sore(r) shoulder, but my leather jacket will need stitches.  I am not impressed with the lousy gripping abilities of those Fatty tires... grrrr.
My son Todd has discovered FaceBook and I chuckled to see how many posts he was doing, on a day off, and bored....  Nice to be back in touch.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Bedroom 1 with more room and new desk and chair

Studio room is back to being a bedroom with new desk and chair

Dining room table and 4 chairs all covered up

The main salon at La Parillada will give OBG enough room

Lots of room for the music man too

The whole center and right side will be dance floor....

And their food is delicious too......