Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday, September 19, 2014 Semanas Intl

Souvenir Photo Studio by Al Bourassa is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday, September 19, 2014
Oh, yesterday I went with Victor Ojeda to finish off the process of getting my Ecuadorian driver's licence.  First we had to get agility and eye tests done locally before driving an hour out to Giron for the written tests.  I decided to get both the driver's and motorcycle licences while I was at it.   Therefore I had to write 2 - 20 question tests, in Spanish, all multiple choice.  I had been up very early in the morning to review the 250 possible questions and answers so they were fresh in my brain and I got 40 out of 40 correct.  So, before lunch, I had both licences in my pocket and we were headed home.
I received the following notice yesterday, regarding a previous request by Semanas Internacionales to submit photographs depicting the fusion of Ecuadorian and North American cultures:
Dear Al,
One of your photos has been preselected in our contest "FusionCultural".
We have the pleasure to invite you this Friday 19th at 18:00 to the exposition of all the finalist photos and the opening coctel in CEDEI  (It is in the corner of Gran Colombia and General Torres). Your presence would be very important to us. You can invite family and friends, this is a free event.
Thanks a lot for your participation
Regards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, after scooter and car shopping today, I met Luz and Miguel at San Blas park again and we fed the pigeons for a while before heading over to the CEDEI building to see what was going on.  
There were many more photos exhibited than I expected.  There were some dignitaries there, along with judges, and my friend Peter from St. Paul, Alberta was supplying the music.  There was a fair crowd of folks and we left before the final rendering of the judge's votes.  
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Rather than buy a car I am still tempted to just buy a scooter.

Panama hats at Tania's shop

Miguel throwing bread at the pigeons

The pigeons love the free meal

Luz has a huge flock at her disposal



Miguel loves the fountain

He's an active 4-year-old

These 3 girls were taking turns throwing bits of water at each other

They were having such a good time

Lots of histrionics indeed

Sunburnt photographer with the work they chose

Diana Ham is from Vancouver and also submitted a work

I believe these others are 2 people in the photo behind them

Peter from St Paul, Alberta is a very accomplished pianist

David Naccari was depicted in the photo to the left

Colleen from Hearts Of Gold (second from the right) submitted this photo

Dignitaries and judges

And some of the gathered crowd.

Luz is from Colombia