Thursday, September 15, 2016

Wednesday September 14, 2016 Rain



Souvenir Photo Studio is now open.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right. 
NOTE: It is obvious that many (all?) of you are not receiving the subscription emails and it is obviously a universal Google problem that they have not solved yet.  Therefore I REALLY appreciate all the folks that manage to view my Blog every day.  I find it both gratifying and humbling.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Wednesday September 14, 2016
As mentioned, I had gone on Tuesday to supply my IVA receipt list to SRI for the refund.  I had met my friend Ed in the line-up and he said that he had finally received some payments for this year.  Today I went to the bank and, sure enough, I also received my payments from January to April (I had submitted those online).   Every little bit helps when we are struggling with a poor exchange on our Canadian dollar.
Be careful what you wish for.  I mentioned to Cristina that we really need some rain.  The rivers are low, we are asked to ration our water usage, and the road construction on 24 de Mayo really leaves us with a dusty neighbourhood.  When walking the dogs around 2pm I noted some vicious clouds coming from the northeast and seriously expected something like hail or worse.  It started raining before 3pm and kept on for about 12 hours...   This makes things really painful for walking the dogs when it is pouring.  Most rains here are short, or very light, and usually easily tolerable.   having a sustained rain like that is quite unusual.  I am not fond of having to wipe down 12 paws every 4 hours....  At 10pm I went out in the rain and did not leash the dogs because there was nobody around, and no other dogs.  I figured they would hurry and do their business and rush into the door which I purposely left open.   Big mistake, as always...  I should NEVER go out with an unleashed dog...  Mariposa took off to play in the park 2.5 blocks east and the other two happily followed!   I was flabbergasted and quickly went inside to get the leashes and followed, hoping they would not go anywhere further than the familiar park.  At least I was lucky in that vein, because they are prone to chase other dogs in any direction, and they don't respondto my calls until they are done their chase.  Thank God they did not wander into the streets as well.  I love the dogs but they can be exasperating at times.  Then the wipe-down was not restricted to just wet paws....   The joys of being a pet owner.
Well, I got what I asked for, a cleaner, fresher, greener neighbourhood...
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

I took this on Saturday during a short rain shower

This was also Saturday morning 7am

Saw this fellow Saturday 8am

Monday morning sunrise 6:44am