Saturday, September 24, 2016

Saturday September 24, 2016 Lumix



Souvenir Photo Studio is now open.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right. 
NOTE: It is obvious that many (all?) of you are not receiving the subscription emails and it is obviously a universal Google problem that they have not solved yet.  Therefore I REALLY appreciate all the folks that manage to view my Blog every day.  I find it both gratifying and humbling.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Saturday September 24, 2016
THANK YOU to my buddy Linda for muling my new camera and accessories from the USA today.  I am like a little kid at Christmas trying to sort everything out.
First thing I discovered was that I not only ordered the wrong SD cards once, but I did it a second time, getting a whole lot of Micro SD cards... ugh!  Then I discovered that I also got the wrong replacement battery... double ugh..!!
Then the plug-in battery charger doesn't work....  Right now I am charging the battery via the USB port on the PC, and I haven't a clue how long that may take.
Before the battery died I managed to input the date but screwed up the time.  I changed a few settings but this camera is so damn fancy I am gonna need a week to figure it out.
I bashed off a few quick shots before the battery died, in RAW format (and it gave me JPG as well).  Then I had to download a new DNG converter because my PhotoShop wouldn't accept this camera either, to process the Raw photos.  I am going to show a quick comparison of 5 mildly processed RAW photos against the basic JPG photo from the camera.  I am mildly thrilled to see that there is hardly any difference...!!!  What do you think?
More later.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Processed RAW photos on the left

Untouched JPG photos on the right

I darkened this one a tad

I didn't shoot this one very well

Impressed with a shot of my computer screen

This is pretty impressive I think

Attempt at macro, forget the ugly subject

Pretty good depth of Field!

More Depth of Field goodness

Gotta say I am pretty impressed so far