Thursday, July 30, 2026

Thursday July 30, 2026 Beauty

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Thursday July 30, 2026

 Monday, I had received a second letter from Service Canada stating that they needed the annual July renewal information that I had already sent them May 21st and that they were suspending my Guaranteed Income Supplement as of this month until it was resolved....  You know how I LOVE (read HATE) Government bureaucracy...

So, Wednesday, I re-did copies of everything, and included two informative letters, my Notice of Assessment, and even my Marriage Certificate.

 I took all this down to the Service Canada office at Canada Place (where I had dropped off the original documents May 21) and waited to speak to someone to investigate the problem....

A very helpful gay man named Cam found that the main office is generally 4 months behind, so they had not yet had time to process my prior submission, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......   

And, I had received the original request April 21, (but had to delay to get Cristina's signature on the form), so 4 months = AUGUST.... !!!! So this is just more Government BS to hang on to our money and take the interest....  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sure enough, my total pension cheques received yesterday were considerably lighter this month.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Today, the lumberjacks were back with another fancy saw to attack the big stump left from chopping down the big fir tree.

I took some photos of the glorious flowers planted by volunteers out front of our building.  My 3 rosebuds are still waiting to burst by the Regal.

Then I again made my pilgrimage to The Common for the $12.99 fish'n'chips....   I took more photos of more celebrity photos on their wall and my restorations are below.  See if you can recognize all of them...

Cristina told me she had picked up a baby stray puppy that was sick and took it to 3 vets who told her that even an operation would not help the poor little thing.  So the sweet unfortunate girl has been humanely euthanized and will be interred next to her namesake, Princesa, in our back garden.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Fancy saw attacking the stump













I wish this was my shot!!