Sunday, July 26, 2026

Sunday July 26, 2026 Storm

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Sunday July 26, 2026

Friday, I worked on photos from my trip to Colombia in 2024 while waiting for an Amazon delivery that never came, despite 3 notifications from the "Dragonfly" delivery man.  I sent a note to Amazon to flag my account that I never want them to use Dragonfly again...  This is not the first time they have made me sit around and wait 2 days...

Saturday morning 9am, I was awakened by the sound of chainsaws and a wood-chipper machine as the lumberjacks were next door again to finish off the large fir tree trunk they had left from last week.  I had to admire the man's skill with that large chainsaw.  Once they felled the trunk and cut it into chunks, the small scraps were fed to the chipper while the larger chunks were stored in a truck.  I miss that big tree and its acorns.

My Amazon delivery finally came late morning.  I was especially interested in the Wi-Fi extender that I used to increase the signal to my TV for better IPTV performance.  So far, so good...

Because my niece Dawn is in Calgary for the better part of he next 6 weeks, I borrowed a batch of books from her, mostly James Patterson, because I am on my last Kathy Reichs "Temperance Brennan" series.  She has mentioned another series that is good, John Sandford's "Prey" series (but the Library has very few).

Another Amazon purchase was a replacement wired remote for the P1100 Nikon.  That was fortuitous timing because I again used the 4-second Fireworks setting when another major summer storm hit around 10pm...  This is the second Saturday in a row that we have had thunder, lightning, torrential rain and windstorm.

I took again over 200 pics and the puny results are below....

What angers me is that I accidentally deleted pics (unrecoverable for some odd reason) of lightning hitting a transformer less than a block away, although the results were almost whited out at the explosive brightness.  The explosions (5) and sparks were incredibly bright and put out the power to our area.  Thankfully somebody caught the edge of the action and posted it on Facebook....

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1782527659771212/?s=single_unit

 A short time later, Epcor restored the power for a few seconds until the transformer blew again loudly and we were then without power until 5:20am today...  I should be glad that most of my electrical connections have surge protection.

The power outages were huge in several areas of the city at that time.  This morning they were showing 17 outages still, but not including our area.  Alexa is still predicting more thunderstorms today....  Maybe we can export these to Donald Trump along with our forest fire smoke!

This morning, I got news that a cousin and classmate was having serious issues in hospital forcing induced comas at least twice.  We wish you strength and recovery Reina D.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Hoping the extender helps..


Lumberjack in action



Skilled!




Timber-r-r-r-r



Hoped for better pics through wet window...



Best I caught

Our outage in middle