Monday, July 27, 2026

Monday July 27, 2026 Sun/Rain

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Monday July 27, 2026

 Last Thursday, I took 2 photos of pictures on the dining room wall at The Common, of Audrey and Marilyn.  You can see below what the ArtspaceAI program can do so easily.  I love it!

Yesterday afternoon, I took advantage of the sunshine and rode the Gio to the Patio at the Commercial Hotel.  I had to dodge a few downed trees from the earlier storm.  Lots of broken branches everywhere too...

I was surprised to see Leo Martinez already almost set up as he is normally late...  Then he surprised my by saying "I haven't played in a week,.. I was away on my honeymoon"!!!  Apparently his new wife is named Sue...  So I plan to request "A Boy Named Sue" the next time I go there again, lol....  I only stayed for the one set as usual, and never got approached once by the solitary waitress working the Patio... Grrrr

On the way home, I saw the old Connaught Armoury for sale by the City, thinking it would make for neat apartments... and maybe hoping for a bargain...  I checked and they want $2.5 million for it, just a touch out of my range, lol. 

I decided to treat myself to a meal out.... first, Harvey's, then Dairy Queen!  A nice change from eating at home most of the time. 

Today, I kept waiting for a call to meet for lunch with my son, but the call never came... 

Then we had yet another storm, this one at mid-day.  I guess we can't complain about getting moisture (my rosebush survived OK).  I find rain and wind, thunder and lightning fascinating.  Watching all that water swirl around the drain in the parking lot is a little mesmerizing.  One swirl included white stuff which I initially thought might have been small hail, but it actually acted more like paint....

We are thankful that the rain does cool things down and keeps temperatures liveable...  Even so, I have at least one to three fans going 24-7, just like I do in Colombia....

 I really feel like I am wasting the summer, with no plans at all...  Hopefully that may change if my explorer buddy Igor comes to visit....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 


Amazing what AI can do...


Gotta love the possibilities!

The new transformer....

Many detours around downed trees.

Leo is sporting a wedding ring!!

Tuning up to start

I like mine better!!!!


Only $2.5 Million!

One of our Trams

Downtown from the south side




Another Tram on the High Level Bridge

A summer panorama

And another of our fair city

Harvey's, under $10




Almost $5 at DQ!

More rainstorms




Hail?  Or paint??