Thursday, May 2, 2024

Thursday May 2, 2024 Weather

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Thursday May 2, 2024

Gee! 6 days of mostly crappy spring (read winter..) weather so there was not much happening.  Rain, snow, sleet and wind does not make for fun outings.  I am sleeping 11-12 hours and still don't want to get out of bed..

Saturday,  I went to get 2 more stand-alone books by DeMille at the Library.  And I still have 2 others that Don gave me to read which I had forgotten about...  I went over to the nearby Canada Place, hoping to buy a supply of cheap donairs to freeze, but Mister Donair was closed, probably only catering to the weekday office crowd.

Sunday, and for the forseeable future, we watch playoff hockey and read until the wee hours.  The hours go by quickly that way.

Monday, I made spicy macaroni and Bob came down for a bowl of lunch.

Tuesday, I ordered a pair of t-shirts for another friend in the building and broke down to order myself a burgundy silk duvet cover to go along with the fitted sheet and pillow cases I have already received.

Wednesday, the weather was passable so I made the short trip to Save-On for $200 of groceries.  And I made a big batch of Jell-o that I always enjoy.  I am still the master of the 15-minute meal!

Today, I got my latest Temu order, 5 belts, a measuring tape, a t-shirt, and what were supposed to be toilet cleaning sheets but they sent me floor cleaning sheets instead.  I wrote to them that it is not worth the trouble to return a $3.01 item but they could refund me if they want!

Our place of residence was asking for our 2023 tax information to adjust our rents so I brought down the information.  Since my taxable income actually reduced from 2022 to 2023, I expect to be paying a little less rent.

Bob and I went for a ride, first stopping at a bank so he could transfer some money.  He says it went quickly, but took forever to stand in line.

From there we went to a Unitarian Church indoor garage sale at my urging, right when it opened at 3 pm.  It was packed with people, and Bob gave up quickly because it is always tough for him to walk.  I really don't need anything, but I saw a cute painting in a cute frame for $1.00 that I couldn't resist.

I was hungry, so I picked up a Little Caesar's 3-meat pizza for a treat.  

Now back to the routine of watching hockey and reading my books!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

April 30 Sleet

Not fun weather

May 1 Snow

Not complaining, we need the moisture!

My new t-shirt

My latest impulse purchase...