Friday, April 26, 2024

Friday April 26, 2024 Celebration

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday April 26, 2024

Wednesday I got a good suggestion to name my little ride buddy Fonzie!  That works because it ties in with my full name.... (Don't ask..).  Thank you Sis for responding.

Oh my hands hurt like crazy all day and I refused to take painkillers for that..  In hindsight, I should have... that is what they are for...  So I just did...

My neighbour across the way, Gary, invited me in to see his hobby, making a mountainous scene for model railroaders!   So many people have such hidden talents...

Thursday I got up in time to get ready for my booster shot for Covid.  They actually called me to go down early because they were way ahead of schedule so I didn't have time to shower, but I checked that I didn't stink, lol...  So now I have had 2 Sinovac, 2 Pfizer, and now 2 Moderna, so I should be well covered.  I didn't even feel the shot at all, just late at night the arm was sore.

I cut my hair for summer again so I don't have to worry about wind or caps or whatever.  That is so much easier than worrying that my combover is somewhere in place, lol.  Just kidding, I don't do combovers...

Ghyslaine was not feeling well so she asked me if I could drive her to see a townhouse bungalow she was wanted to investigate for rental.  So we took her big Ford and got there on time.  The dining area was miniscule, the closet space skimpy, and it was a long walk to the parking, so I dodn't think she will take a further look.  Plus they wanted a person to supply a police check and reference for 10 years from previous landlords...  That did not go over well with Ghyslaine.

Gary across the way is a golfer and he had me order him 6 golf shirts which arrived and he was so thrilled that he gave me a big tip,... and it wasn't just "Don't eat yellow snow" Lol...

Today, Bob called and asked me to research repair shops for his ailing Bissell upright, which I did, and none are particularly close, but it helped him decide where he wanted to go.

On Facebook, our musical Metis friends (cousins) Darla Daniels and Mat Patenaude had advertised an Indigenous Celebration downtown so I made a point of attending.  But, I underestimated 7C in a strong wind and froze not only my butt to stay and watch almost all of it.  They had artists, dancers, and musicians and free food.  One kind lady sent me over a warm tea to unstick me from my Gio.  They had Bannock Burgers and Bannock Bits for everyone.  I did not realize that bannock was so soft and sweet.  Here is a video composite of some of the action:

https://youtu.be/m_lsXo1oAVA?si=183dX5GafSl9g460

I have been home for 3 hours now and I am still frozen... despite a lousy heating pad.  Reminder:  Never buy from WagJag again.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

This fellow was the MC too.

I am sure the cool weather kept the crowd away.

Great wall mural

Artist, enthused with Bohemian Waxwings

I liked this artwork of hers..

Smudging ceremony.

The entire mural

Part

Another part

Darla Daniels tuning up.

Darla, MC and Mat.

Bannock Burger and Bannock Bits

These cousins work well together

More bird art

Darla is so talented

Mat is well known

Darla has stage presence

Can you tell that I like her??

They were frozen.. I don't know how they could play.

Ms Dupont is a dancer

Great costume

Petra is another dancer

High-stepping

Another great costume

This lovely dog was wary of my Gio