Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 El Centro

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Between assignations, so I just took a little saunter downtown to test out the new 12c bus pass that I picked up yesterday.  Son-of-a-gun, there are some benefits to being officially old....  Yesterday, however not everything went smoothly as we tried to get the senior discount at the City prior to paying our property taxes.  Naturally they changed the rules again and we needed to provide a copy of the house deed now, so we just caved and paid the $64 this year, more than triple last year's taxes....
Today, the blue of the sky and the warmth of the sun was refreshing as I criss-crossed El Centro and re-took some shots from my favourite angles.  Gotta love hanging around Parque Calderon.
I then wandered over to San Francisco market to pick up a couple of t-shirts and house pants.     Next I stopped in to City Hall to see some new artwork on display...
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

Parque Calderon and Immaculate Conception with blue sky

This is a popular angle for most tourists

"My" church, San Alfonso, as seen from the Governor's building

A view from the Governor's building 

Looking toward the Old Cathedral and the Justice building

A magnificent sight today indeed

Luck to get some Ecuadorian flags in on the action

The main nave of Immaculate Conception

A mass going on at Santuario Mariano

A red beanie, so an old bishop was saying the mass

Statue of Abdon Calderon

Painting on display at City Hall

This artist is indeed talented