Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 Rock Symphony

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015
I forced myself to go out tonight to see a Rock Symphony at the gorgeous Remigio Tamariz theater at the University.  They were having a rock band play with the University Symphony (including our friend Janet Kavanagh).
I don't know why I expected to hear solely English rock music, and they did play a few tunes like The Wall, and Let It Be, but the Ecuadorian hard rock was really quite uninteresting.  The lead singer had a great voice, but the whole rock band had very little stage presence unfortunately.  The nicely-dressed symphony orchestra was lost in the background of heavy smoke effects while we were treated to an overly loud lead guitar and the singer walking around like a strutting rooster in a t-shirt, stretchy pants and ugly black tennis shoes.  
It made for interesting photography challenges but I just couldn't stay until the end.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

The lovely Remigio Tamariz Theater is always a pleasure to visit

As usual, the gringos arrive early

The University Orchestra began by playing Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

The rock band's lead singer had a great voice

Lots of smoke and light obscured the Orchestra

"Let It Be" was one of the few rock classics they played

A good crowd on hand, but not quite a full house

Blond Janet Kavanagh on the viola

The singer was the poorest dressed in the house

The smoke was overpowering throughout the concert

I caught this cool shadow on the side wall of the lead guitarist

Lots of Ecuadorian rock tunes

Smoke-free for a second or two

All in all, it was worth the visit

Singing a love song

Lots of emotion in this love song

Probably my favourite shot, so I had to play with it...

Version #2

Version #3

OK, that's enough of the smoke and mirror thing....