Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday, January 16, 2015 San Blas

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday, January 16, 2015
I had nothing really on the schedule today so I just took a bus to El Centro and began by sitting on a bench in Parque Calderon.  The fellow next to me greeted me in English and I didn't even notice his Canada hat until he said he was from Medicine Hat, Alberta!  Mr Wilson is 11 days younger than me and is visiting our fair city for 3 months.
Then I got up and moved east to check out the San Blas area as well as the church itself.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Looking at the Old Cathedral from the center of Parque Calderon

Many gringos in the shade of the trees

I love San Blas with its belfry

A little plane heading to the airport

Unusual to see such a small plane in Cuenca

The yellow dome of San Blas is distinctive

The many trees make it difficult to get a good angle

The church was open

Many beautiful statues at San Blas

This side altar is impressive

This is part of the main altar

This display is to the left

A lone unlit candle

Note the amazing construction without the use of cranes...

The back view of San Blas