Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tuesday December 24, 2013 Pase Del Nino

Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Tuesday December 24, 2013 
MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone!
I intended to attend the Pase Del Nino parade today, as I have in previous years, then head to Joe’s Secret Garden for Christmas dinner.   But, the best made plans got waylaid.
I did manage to get to Parque Calderon and was frankly surprised to see that the hunger-striking Coopera members were still occupying the gazebo.  I really expected the authorities to evict them prior to the parade…     Later I heard that the Government is announcing another round of payouts in January, so I am hoping that we can recover our money before I leave on Jan 9.
I continued to walk west along the parade route, trying to avoid the crush of the crowds and to try to get a better camera angle without a lot of offending background.   This is the third year in a row that the parade has generated a gorgeous sunny day and record crowds.  Even though I was supremely conscious of the danger of pickpockets, I was an unlucky victim this day…  Even a zippered pocket, covered by my shirt, did not stop these experts….  That ended my parade viewing very quickly as I rushed off to notify my banks of my dilemma.  Luckily the thieves got little of any use to them, except some cash, so I am hoping there is a slim possibility that the wallet itself may show up yet…
So, after contacting the banks, I came home and began to reconstruct my identity card copies again.   It is never recommended to carry any originals, so the only original they managed to get was my Canadian Driver’s Licence.
While my stay was short at the parade, I did manage a few shots…
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

The Coopera group still occupies the gazebo at Parque Calderon

3 hunger strikers have been there for 6 days so far

Pase Del Nino parade # 1

Pase Del Nino parade # 2

Pase Del Nino parade # 3

Pase Del Nino parade # 4

Pase Del Nino parade # 5

Pase Del Nino parade # 6

Pase Del Nino parade # 7

Pase Del Nino parade # 8

Pase Del Nino parade # 9

Pase Del Nino parade # 10

Pase Del Nino parade # 11

Pase Del Nino parade # 12

Pase Del Nino parade # 13

Pase Del Nino parade # 14