Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday December 23, 2013 Nativity

Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Monday December 23, 2013 
I made several trips out today and had to studiously avoid the sun, to let my swollen face return to semi-normal.   I needed a running shoe and a fanny-pack repaired and that cost me a whole $1 each.  Then it was time for groceries, but it still felt good to be out and about after spending a week cooped up at home.
Across the street, they are adding yet another storey to the new home there, more than 18 months in construction after 3 months of demolition.  The workers must be getting paid by the hour....
Then a very special friend brought me a Christmas present, a local craftsman's nativity scene, no more than 2" tall, and it is just so very precious at this time.  With no snow and no family, it is really hard to get the Christmas feeling, but this really brought tears to my eyes.
On top of that, my sister Leonie kindly sent me a photo she had taken yesterday with Mom, 97 years old, and that set the waterworks flowing.   I will be seeing everyone in Canada very soon and am looking forward to that.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Slow construction here...

This storey is going up fast though


Priceless nativity scene sets the mood here

Only 1" to 2" tall, they are just too cute...

This makes it feel more like Christmas


My sister Leonie and Mom who is 97