Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday December 5, 2013 El Tiempo

Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Thursday December 5, 2013 
I set up our small Christmas tree last night and  it was on the floor this morning with all the little Xmas balls everywhere.   No doubt this was too hard for our dear Peso to resist.   I put it back up, without the red and gold balls so we will see how it fares...
I got summoned with 2 hours notice to join 7 other Ecuadorian Coopera investors to do an "interview" with the newspaper El Tiempo.  Our group was upset that the Governor published a story that the Government was helping us all they can, yes, right into the poorhouse..  We went to give them our side of the story but I have no idea what will get printed because this reporter took no notes and wasn't recording what we were saying either.
One of our Hearts Of Gold people said we had an earthquake at 2:47pm, and maybe I was still on the bus but nobody else mentioned anything....
I had to leave the news gathering as soon as I made my statement and head to Villa San Carlos to supervise our preparations for the Christmas Gala tomorrow.   We were setting up the displays in the anteroom, along with our Christmas tree and we will return at 9am to do the preparations in the main hall.   My main concentration will be on the sound system and slideshow that they want on stage.    Tomorrow is the culmination of hundreds of volunteer hours by some very dedicated people, the best I have ever worked with.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Lovely sunrise this morning

Avelina and the cowardly lion at Villa San Carlos

A few of us Coopera investors did an "interview" with this newspaper.