Saturday, December 21, 2013

Friday December 20, 2013 Coopera

Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Friday December 20, 2013 
Since my last post on Sunday I had such a severely sunburned face that I ended up in the Emergency room of the free Regional Hospital where the care was absolutely top-notch.  I spent most of the week indoors as a result.
Thursday I had a buzz at my door and the city had hired welders to go door-to-door offering their services to install return springs on the garbage tray mounted on the wall.   I am all for this, because I have narrowly missed clipping my head on a lowered tray more than  once.
Today was a good day, spent mostly tying up all the loose ends and sending off the Bill Of Sale to the new owner of our Eleggant Hooks company.  That is one less headache for us to worry about as we ease our way into full retirement.
To celebrate, I went downtown to the El Carbon restaurant for a steak supper and they did a pretty good job.  There was an office party at the next table and they had hired musicians, so it was a neat way to have our meal.
I had received a call to attend a Coopera demonstration at Parque Calderon at 5pm but didn't make it there until much later.  What I found was that the Dr Quito group had occupied the green gazebo there for a hunger strike by 3 supporters.   Then there was a sign-in sheet to declare our support which I happily signed.  Ever bit of pressure we can apply, the better.  This location makes it hard for the authorities to ignore.  With the Pase Del Nino parade scheduled for Tuesday, I am sure we will see it dismantled by the police, just like the previous one at City Hall, but we will get more publicity as a result.
The decorations downtown are beautiful and they certainly complement the night-time beauty of the Old Cathedral.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

These welders are hired by the City

They have to weld on brackets to hold a return spring

Not pretty, but effective

Now the return spring is added

Office party going on at El Carbon

This group had hired their own band to provide the music

The Coopera hunger strike location on Parque Calderon

A coffin and lots of banners to capture attention

I will expect the police to move in by Sunday

The street lighting complements the beauty of the Old Cathedral