Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Wednesday August 19, 2026 Happy 100th!!!

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Wednesday August 19, 2026

 

Auntie Marie-Emma is 100 years old today!!

Taken by cousin Aline!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Auntie Marie-Emma is the first of Grandpa Charles and Marie's family of 17 children to reach this milestone with only siblings Maurice and Jeannette capable of topping this...!!  Our Mom was next closest so far, 4 months shy of her 100th, and then brother Henri, 4 hours shy of his 99th...  Congratulations to them all!!!

 

It is one of the nicest days of the summer today, with perfect 26C weather and sunshine and Alberta blue skies...  While we can complain about our lousy spring, we can't grouch about our summer so far with the right mix of sun and rain.  Other parts of the country have not been as lucky.

So, I jumped on the Gio and went to cruise The Fringe in Old Strathcona just to get out...  Before leaving I caught some of the flowers and a bee near my Regal.

It was a lovely ride and I checked out prices for Wednesday Wings at a couple of place only to be scared away by their increased prices...  I stopped at Dollarama down there and almost bought some Hallowe'en stuff that I didn't need, but found salted sunflower seeds for a very decent price, so I grabbed a few bags to test them out.  I eat a whole bag of spitz while reading over 5-6 hours in the evenings...

I got a message from Dawn on the way back, and, after discussing supper options, it looks like we will be going together for Wings and a beer at On The Rocks in a few minutes....  I haven't had wings in quite a while, so I am looking forward to this... 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Our roses are still trying hard



Shot of the day

One of our trams

Great mural in Old Strathcona, note the same tram!

We are renowned for The Fringe Festival