PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Older Blog: https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/
Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:
http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa
******
Today, I joined cousin Jeanne and her friend Meng at The Fringe Festival in Little Strathcona. Jeanne, as a customer of ATB (Alberta Treasury Branches Credit Union), had got us free tickets to lunch and a show.
I went down on my Gio for a leisurely ride and found a perfect place to park and met them at 11:45am. A short block away was the ATB tent where we were able to stack up hamburgers and drinks at noon. Then I got to wander around a bit and check out the Strathcona Farmer's Market where I now know where to return to get local honey for a better price than I figured....
And I ran into niece Dawn on the way back at the beer tent who was with her daughter and the significant other...
Then our threesome waited again until it was just before 2pm to line up for the free show around the corner entitled "The Short King".... which was a misnomer because the actor could not have been called "short".... For 45 minutes we watched this show, Monty Python-style, with cartoons and live play mixed. It was a show for kids to laugh and to learn to cope with, and embrace the loss of, a favorite pet. Getting kids to join him on stage several times was cool, until they had to join him to supposedly fart on stage (because farts are funny, he said)... I thought that was on the tacky side, but the kids loved it....
I hope you enjoy the pictures. That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
![]() |
| Our beautiful city!!!! |
![]() |
![]() |
| The Tram is a good way to arrive nearby |
![]() |
| Free tickets are good |
![]() |
| Waiting after lunch |
![]() |
| One entrance to the Farmer's Market |

Lots of vendor tents 
Gorgeous chromed kettle drums! 
Short King and his dog 
The King was not short 
Kids were good participants 
A buffalo made of bark!





