Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sunday August 9, 2026 Festivals

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Sunday August 9, 2026

Yesterday and today, I slept over 11 hours..  I am glad there are no major reasons to get up earlier...

Saturday, I slipped out to Dollarama and forgot to find one of the two main things I went there for.... Grrrr, but I did come home with a lot of snacks, of course.... 

Then we revelled in our Canadian Juniors thrashing the USA 8-1 to take the Gold Medal again at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup....  Well done boys!!!  Nothing for the Orange A**-Hole to crow about this time.

This morning, I found that we had no hot water, only tepid water, but I did manage to get a decent shower without using any cold water....

Then I jumped on the Gio, hoping to catch some of the CariWest Festival this year.  I missed the parade, which must have been Friday, but did catch the action downtown at Churchill Square.

The next festival, The Fringe, will be starting in a few days and I will be joining Jeanne and Meng there for a meal and a short show.
Coming home, I cruised by the Legislature which was surprisingly uncrowded and found an obliging squirrel and some lovely flowers and a bee.

Then I decided it was time to catch Leo Martinez at Blues On Whyte for one set.  It is always nice to sit with some nice music on a sunny afternoon. 

On the way home, I picked up a 10" 2-topper pizza and a 7-Up for $8.99 because I did not feel like cooking....  It was the first time I had tried them, and it was worth it....!!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Lots of Caribbean gear for sale


One of the dance troupes





The food tents





The Legislature











See the Bee?


Leo