Monday, July 15, 2024

Sunday July 14, 2024 Busy

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday July 14, 2024

Happy Birthday Sis!


Saturday, my younger brother called me that he had changed IPTV provider and saved money.  I had to do some research to determine that my plan expires mid-October and that I may need to update as well.  There are a few options available, so that is good.

Canada sadly lost in the shootout to Uruguay at the Copa America for third place, settling for fourth..., however,.. having come from nowhere as the 48th ranked team in the world, this was a fantastic accomplishment.  I am so impressed with their new coach, Jesse Marsch, who has them playing exactly as I would... except they sure need to have better finishing ability around the net.  Well done Canada!!!


Today, we had a full agenda, starting with a bowl of soup at Bob's place before we headed to the largest Flea Market in Edmonton.  I went again to check out the baseball gloves, thinking of some exercise possibilities, but the negatives prevented me from buying.  Poor construction (cheap leather thongs), poor fit (too tight), and the realization that I would need to buy 2 and that they would take up space and sit unused for months...

I also looked at small stereos and was about to bring one home but plugged it in to check it out and it did not work....  Also, again, it is a space issue in my small apartment when I already have 4 sources of music...., so why buy more junk???  We came home again empty handed.

Then we decided we would still do our usual Sunday trip to Blues On Whyte to see Leo Martinez play.  The day was just perfect, 23C and a nice breeze, and seated in a shady section even if our view of Leo was obstructed.  Whyte Avenue was really busy with pedestrianss because the Edmonton Art Walk was in progress with vendors all over on the sidewalks.  The one artwork with the huge eye was tempting, but the artist says it took her 6 months to do and she wanted $700.

We decided to go to Hudson's for nachos again and stuffed our faces..  I noticed a sign there where they have $0.49c wing Wednesdays!   So that is again almost half the price of Leopold's special!  The catch is that you have to buy any form of drink, even soda, but it is still a much better deal!  So we will have to try that soon!

We got home in time for the final Copa America game between Argentina and Colombia, only to find that the game was delayed almost 90 minutes because poor security had allowed many unticketed hooligans to crash their way into the stadium....  

The game was hotly contested and the big star, Lionel Messi, was forced out with an injury to his right ankle.  They played the full 90 minutes scoreless, then another 30 minutes overtime, before Argentina scored about 2 minutes into the extra injury time.  Kudos to Colombia for putting up a great fight.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Not the best view, but a cool spot for good music.

I liked the "Big Eye" artwork

Busy Art Walk

Cool old truck

Digging into the nachos

Shakira half-time show at Copa America






Starting the second half

Colombia's star James Rodrigues

Messi is down with a jammed ankle

Before he went down replay

Walking off

Emotional and sad Messi

The winning shot by Argentina