Monday, July 22, 2024

Monday July 22, 2024 Success

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Monday July 22, 2024

I was up early to run the "new" car to OK Tire 2 blocks away by 8am.  They were to do the insurance inspection (which it passed with flying colours as I expected!!) and check and refill all fluids, oil change if needed.  They called me quickly at 9:30 to discuss a few possible concerns, like rear brakes, belts, oil leaks, one bulb, etc to be expected in a car 24 years old...  I had them replace the wipers and change the air filter and picked up the car around noon.

I contacted McFarlane Agencies in Okotoks for an insurance quote and wrote up a policy with my old employers.  I figured it was better to have everything in my own name and not take chances.

So, with temporary 30-day pink card in hand, I rode the Gio to Strathcona Registry on the south side because our Oliver Square Registry always has a line-up to the door.  At Strathcona, there were only 4 people ahead of me and I was out of there quickly with my own new licence plate, bought for 20 months....

Back home, I replaced the old plate with the new one, and gave back the old registration and plate to the lovely previous owner.  I have told her that if she ever needs an emergency trip somewhere to just let me know...  I also gave $20 to the fellow who put us in contact.

Then I called my buddy KJ (Ken Johnston) at his seniors' residence in Gibbons to see if he would like a visitor or two.  He said "sure", so Bob came with me to test the car on the highway.  We did more miles than necessary because I missed a turn and had to backtrack, but the car performed as good, or better, than expected.

I was starving, in the mood to celebrate, and the image of a juicy steak was on my mind,... so we found a recommended pub and I treated the boys to supper.  It was funny how Ken and Bob told almost identical stories of their origins, broken bones, gambling, and more.  A trip to visit good friends is the main reason for buying the car, and it performed the task admirably.

I let Waze direct me home, my way, avoiding lights, and zipping right through the city way quicker than on the way out due to road construction.

I did a couple of minor repairs to the outside of the car before coming back upstairs to order Ken an air-conditioner for his suite...  Ken always has to have the same as everybody else.  I pay by credit card, they pay me cash so I almost never have to run to the bank.  

Waiting for my air-conditioner to arrive, hopefully tomorrow via UPS...  My third Crappy Tire fan crapped out on me.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But, heat notwithstanding, it was a very productive day....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Saturday night

 

 

Today

Today



Today