Friday, June 28, 2024

Friday June 28, 2024 Creatures

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday June 28, 2024

Monday night was a huge disappointment as our Oilers lost Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

As we were commisserating outside with a few of the residents, I was called over by one of the ladies on my floor.  She said the Manager was forbidding any more feeding of the birds and rabbits because it was attracting coyotes to the area, and she had personally seen a pack of five on our grass!  So I have concentrated on setting up my own feeders up high, outside my main window.  I figured out a way to hopefully hold then solidly.  Time will tell if they fall off on me again...

We also got notice from Club50+ that the Thursday picnic was being cancelled because of predicted rainy weather, which actually was a very wet day...  I was surprised that they returned our money and did not reschedule.

Oddly, to both my phone numbers, I received supposed Amazon warnings of major strange expensive purchases.  Right away, I knew these were deliberate Spam messages (actually recordings) designed to get real information from me.  Although I did double-check through my proper accounts at Amazon and the Bank that all was well...  

I also made sure that my Amazon card was locked so I will never use it again.  I had tried to cancel it by phone with TD Bank but they wanted too much silly information and I hung up in disgust.

So I have been reading a lot, with movies or sports in the background, going through a book every 2 days now.  I have 5 books that I am waiting on from the Library but they are slow to come free.  I am #1 on 4 of them and #5 on another.

I took a little walk last night and today, and caught some photos of a rabbit and the St Joachim church next door.

The boredom is getting to me....  The current plan is to renew my passport in August and maybe head south October or later.... 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Feeding bell for Alberta songbirds

My array of 4 feeders

St Joachim at night

A bunny visit last night

He stopped to pose.

St Joachim today

My apartment viewed from the building beside the church