Saturday, October 24, 2015

Friday October 23, 2015 Queen

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday October 23, 2015
Well, I had to download another program called a DNG converter to be able to use my RAW files and process them in my PhotoShop CS5.  The conversion of the RAW files was relatively quick and I just needed to double-click to get them to open in PhotoShop.   Then I did a test converting to 3 other formats and they all worked well.   I am a happy camper on this score.
But I am two Word programs and I have been fighting mightily to get one to word-wrap properly and to get the other to work in English.  That has made the issuance of this particular Blog very challenging.   I hope I have it solved, and I can delete that extra program.
Part of the reason that I made all these changes was because I was getting errors when uploading artworks to RedBubble for this past month and wasting tons of time and effort.  Nothing we have tried so far is solving the problem and my patience is really wearing thin.  None of their suggestions have brought any relief and I have lost a lot of good programs and tons of prior work in this changeover.  Many of my wonderful old programs just won't work with Windows 7.   I wish that I could turn back the clock and go back to the comfortable Windows XP.
I picked up Cristina from her job at 1 pm and we rode out to La Yunta, a restaurant at kilometer 7 south of Cuenca.  They were advertising a Friday special, English-style fish'n'chips, and I get a craving for that often.  I had brought the camera but the weather was changing so I didn't take any shots.  The fish and the juice were excellent, the fries were very good but not very hot, and the peas were small, old and shriveled.   I asked for some white vinegar and they brought me a thimbleful.  I was still prepared to give them a very glowing recommendation until we got the bill for $22.50!  I guess we won't be going back there very often.
On the way back we stopped at Mall de Rio to browse around and lo-and-behold we see the same advertising model from last night Chevy gig now passing out pamphlets for the Hyundai dealer...  She recognized us right away and came over to say hello with that big smile of hers.
Joe's Secret Garden is on a 3-week hiatus so we will looking for something different to do on Saturday.
Tonight we saw that there was to be the competition and crowning of a new Miss Cuenca to be held at the theater at the University, and normally these events are free, so we decided to go check it out.   We didn't leave too early and got there shortly after 7:30.  The lineup was way shorter than expected and we soon found out why....  People were desperately trying to sell us $22 entry tickets,.. per person..!!   Thanks but no thanks!!  I'll bet that each contestant had a quota of tickets to sell and the family members were anxious to reduce that debt load.  
The mayor was there and I gotta say that I like this guy.  He is everywhere, and he seems to use a lot more common sense than his predecessor who really pissed us all off when he snubbed a roomful of gringos at a Meet The Mayor function.  This new fellow knows the meaning of good PR.
So, we just caught the bus home, turned on the TV and there was the Miss Cuenca competition on Channel 4!!   From what I saw, that event certainly wasn't worth that kind of money.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

A small lineup because of the cost to enter... $22/person

Mayor Cabrera seems to be everywhere these days

Many different Queens in attendance

This concert interests Cristina..