Friday, February 22, 2013

Thursday February 14, 2013 Isla Isabela, Galapagos


All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
You may see other of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/

Thursday February 14/13  
Today we shifted over to Isla Isabela Island in the GALAPAGOS.   The scenery and wildlife had us enthralled.  Even though this is the hotbed of the evolution debate it still makes you feel that a higher being had a hand in creating this beauty.
A reminder to see the compilation of Galapagos videos at  http://youtu.be/XV94dg2LhHA
Thank you to Google for fouling up the order of the photos yet again.
That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
Off in a bumpy speedboat to Isla Isabela

Isla Isabela is the seahorse shaped island on the left

Some sea lions came to check us out

First impressions were great

Gorgeous as can be, but hot and humid

Local kids

The main pier is to the left

Statue outside the beautiful church


The WOW interior of this church

Great carving inside

Huge tree trunk under the altar

What a great beach, just a few feet away

Our tour made us eat here

Not sure if this a squid or a plant

Oh yes, the marine iguanas are here too

and my little shore birds

He is in no hurry to get out of the waves

The beach goes on and on and on

The beach is as far as the eye can see

Caught this one eating lichen

Part of our group on a sea tour


That far island was formed by volcanic ash

Frigate birds are here too

This is where we toured and I snorkelled

White Tip Sharks in this small inlet

A nest for the marine iguanas

Yes mama, those are sharks

I told you so

Harmlessa reef or white tip sharks

Many sharks in this inlet

This was a big boy

I snorkelled about 1/2 mile away

They still scare us

What's all the fuss about?

Sharks and more sharks

Buddies for warmth

Baby sea lion happened on shore

Where?  I don't see him

Hundreds of marine iguanas in this nesting ground

Baby sea lion stuck around a bit

He captured everyone's heart

And he posed for us

Profile shot

Waiting for us to buzz off now

This adult took over the pathway for a nap

From a boat, blue-footed boobies!!

Yes Virginia, they have blue feet

Cropped version

He was trying to tell us something

This guy hollered at the other boat

OMG, is that poop?

I am so glad the shots turned out

I just kept snapping

Thank God I brough the Sony so I could zoom in

Walking the plank?

Then a solitary penguin joined in

It was difficult to get any shots at such a distance

But I kept shooting anyway

The booby was nearby

They seem to cohabitate without problems

How many people have such a shot?

The odd couple.  Which one is Oscar?

A sea turtle, taken off a small dock

Finally, a decent shot of the penguin

This sea turtle put on a demo of a right turn

He was a good size too!

Lots of sunset shots this day, hope you like 'em



This is my favourite




This one too, love the misty background

and this one

Is this heaven or what?

My toes in the warm sand

I'll always remember this place

If it weren't for the heat and humidity I'd live here

God bless the Galapagos

Gorgeous beyond words

No snow here

People enjoy the waves, even in the dark

Local tour transport

Sunset from our lodgings

and from the beach outside our lodgings


Local kid at the restaurant