Friday, December 14, 2012

Thursday-Friday December 13-14, 2012 Gemenid Meteor Shower


All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work.   Comments are graciously accepted.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
You may see other of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/

Thursday-Friday December 13-14/12  
Overnight we led a tour of wonderful adventurous photographers west to a dark spot in the Cajas Mountain range of the Andes, about 12,000 feet high, in order to witness the Gemenid Meteor Shower.  The shooting meteors were so fleeting that we never got any shots that worked.   However, the magnificence of the stars on a moonless night was awe-inspiring and absolutely breathtaking.
We used a light-painting technique with flashlights and also the camera’s “starburst” enhancement on a few shots.   We hope you like the results.
That was today's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Most of my favourite constellation, Orion, at the bottom

We did a little "light-painting" with a flashlight on the foreground



Literally millions of stars on a moonless night

Here is a result of using the camera's "starburst" enhancement on the same shot

I hope you like this result 

What a magical night!

This made me think of the hymn "Nearer, My God, To Thee"

A different exposure of the same shot

The number of stars is mind-boggling

I wish I knew more constellations

I would like to do this again some day with a professional and be better prepared

Mama Cass - Dream A Little Dream Of Me (with lyrics)   

http://youtu.be/P4T3tMkjRig

This makes you believe in a higher power

Dreamy shot??

Different version


Looking the other direction with some photographers at the lower edge

This makes us feel pretty insignificant in this giant cosmos


And here is Orion again, right above our heads.