Sunday, April 7, 2024

Sunday April 7, 2024 Spring?

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday April 7, 2024

Thursday morning I watched Canada lose a game in curling before going down to get my mail.

In the mail was a "renewal application" for July 2024 to June 2025 for my G.I.S.  I contacted my accountant Tony about this and he has many, many clients on GIS who have never had this asked of them after the initial application, so I called Service Canada.  They said I am a special case because I am still married to a spouse in Colombia so they need the statement of her income signed by her every year.  This will be a royal pain mainly because they sent it on A4 paper, 3" longer than letter paper so it does not fit my printers or scanners...  I will have to get Staples to help me with this.

I finished my next DeMille book by 1am and got up to a Friday morning snowstorm to watch more curling.  The snow was mostly gone by nightfall as I started the next DeMille book and I read until 2am..

Saturday morning, I was up at 8am to catch the curling semi-final games and Canada's Gushue advanced to the Finals along with Sweden's Edin.

In the evening, I watched the Oilers beat Calgary Flames in the always raucous Battle Of Alberta 4-2.   Then, I was flipping channels as I read my book and just happened to catch the beginning of the Formula One race from Japan!  What luck!  So I was up until 1am watching the same 2024 results, Verstappen, Perez and Sainz on the podium with my guy LeClerc in 4th yet again.

This morning, I awoke just before my alarm at 7am to catch the reults of the Bronze medal curling game, won by Italy over Scotland.  Don came down to watch Canada lose 6-5.  One little error in the 3rd end basically cost us the Gold, although we managed to tie the game and it took a seeing-eye shot by Edin on his last shot to steal the Gold from our grasp. 

Bob was not feeling well, even though it was a nice spring day with almost no wind for a change, as I went to Blues On Whyte to watch Leo for one set.  

Then I cruised around on my Gio to catch some spring photos.  Before returning home, I treated myself to an Angus beef, cheese and bacon burger combo at Harvey's.  I think it is 2 years since I have tried their burgers.  I must admit that it was very good!

The forecast shows much the same all week with temperatures 11C to 14C, so we welcome the lovely change.  I need to finish my current 700+ page DeMille book this week to go swap for the next 2 instalments at the Library.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Snow Friday morning

It was mostly gone by evening

Our regular Sunday haunt

Leo is an entertainer

The dance floor was always occupied

Cruising around the south side


Bikers congregate here every weekend

Our lovely Legislature building

Edmonton


I made a panorama




Great mural

Fixed the skew

Today's meal