Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday August 2, 2014 Oswaldo's

See more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
See more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Saturday August 2, 2014
Happy 12th Birthday to my grandson Tyson.
The best laid plans of mice and men rarely work out in Ecuador because of "Ecuador Time".  Oswaldo invited me out to his place for "lunch" and he was to pick me up around 1:00, then bring me back around 4:00.   He was only modestly late and we headed over to his place, just 10 minutes away on the Autopista.
Upon arrival I found out that the plan was for 11 people to enjoy a filet mignon meal once a group arrived from a tour of the Amaru Zoo which is owned by a niece.  This group was extremely late in arriving so that we were hardly having "lunch" and drinks until after 4pm.  The meal was stupendous and the conversation was lively with the Ecuadorians entertaining a Canadian, Australian and a New Zealander.   Then you throw in 3 kids and 3 dogs and it was indeed eventful.   One of the young boys, only 6 years old, blew me away with his mastery of French, English and Spanish!  I have always maintained that young kids are sponges, and that they could easily learn 10 languages if we let them....
Oswaldo's home has a very eclectic collection of antiques and artifacts, from old cameras to a mechanical bull so I enjoyed browsing.
I had to call Joe's Secret Garden and apologize that I either was not going to make it, or I would be extremely late.  After the enormous meal at Oswaldo's there was not any thought of adding Joe's famous Southern Fried Chicken to my day's menu, and anyway, my driver was soon in no shape to take me.  Much later, one of Oswaldo's sisters drove me home after we all had much more conversation about our cultural differences.
All afternoon I had to parry many entreaties to reverse my decision to leave Ecuador but it is pretty much irreversible now.  I hope to have my house on the market next week.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Love this old silent movie projector

This little metal locomotive was neat

Ancient books in Latin adorn his coffee table

Pretty fancy key for something

OK, so I REALLY like the projector

Loved the line-up of hats

The entrance to his western bar....

One ringy-dingy...

More cool stuff in the western bar

Western door knocker

Lovely colours on these fake leaves

Intriguing pendant/necklace

The western bar area

Beautiful view to the north


Interesting poster

Colourful cactus plant outside

Metalwork on a wall

A look east over the tile roofs towards the flat mountain

More eclectic stuff

Old water pump

Hockey sticks for handles on this old plow


Shrimp salad.  I forgot to shoot the main meal...

Casper and Rocky now rule the place.

Beauty and the Beast...

Looking down to the entrance to this acreage.

Another delicious salad.

Ecuadorian, Aussie, and a Kiwi

We sure had a lot of laughs this day

Too many people for only one table

Who can resist those eyes?

Oswaldo's sister and some of her family unit

This 6-year old can speak 3 languages!