Sunday, August 17, 2014

Aug. 11-16, 2014 Fire

See more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Monday August 11, 2014
The “Super Moon” was still happening so I got another so-so shot of it.  I purposely positioned it off to the right so I could maybe use this as a background some day.

Tuesday August 12, 2014
I donated to Hearts Of Gold for a very worthwhile cause, the education of needy children in this country.   See http://heartsofgoldfoundation.org/why-therapy-sponsorship-matters/ and please help if you can.
Our Hearts of Gold group, with a couple of supporters, again took in the Trivia at the Roux Bistro and were very close to the top scores at the end.  Ray Holt’s group at the next table were the winners.

Wednesday August 13, 2014
I attended a small meeting in relation to Brian Gary’s organization of a trip to Montanita on the coast in 2 weeks.  The trip includes transportation, lodging, 3 meals, whale watching, beach time, a dance party and more, for only $150!  Sounds like a no-brainer to me….

Friday August 15, 2014
Oswaldo and I decided to check out a dance spot that he hadn’t attended for 3 years but which was still reputed to be a fun place called “Anos 80”, ( “The 80’s”, loosely translated..).  Everybody goes there to have a good time, and they all did.  The doors open at 10 and canned music is playing.  A live band comes on at midnight and plays until 2am when the place shuts down.  A hangover naturally ensued….

Saturday August 16, 2014
I went all the way to Joe’s Secret Garden for my usual Saturday gig only to find the place closed.  Since I am not on the physical list of attendees this is the third or fourth time that they have neglected to notify me of a major change.   This was the sour beginning of an eventful night.
There were certainly angels looking over me later however.  We had some major excitement here when I almost blew up my house because a washer had dislodged from my gas line hookup to the water heater when I was clearing an air lock earlier.   Escaping gas from the loose coupling must have caught fire when I was doing dishes.  It then seems to have burned off the hose at the coupling.  I was already upstairs when a neighbor saw it and put out the small fire with an extinguisher, but the gas was still flowing.  They banged on the door and I looked out to see half the neigbourhood watching my house!  Not Good!   I rushed down to see what was happening.   The pool of escaping propane was overwhelming.  I reached over and shut off the regulator and the propane slowly dissipated.  I was scared to open or close a door or even turn on a light for fear of causing a spark.
I am still shaking over it and will be replacing most of the hardware on Sunday and cleaning up the mess.​  This is certainly reinforcement to a rule that I will not have propane bottles inside the premises.  I have seen those explosions and the results are never pretty.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

The Super Moon was still rocking on Monday

Picky, Natasha and Johanna were on hand for Trivia at Roux

An Ecuadorian admiring her reflection

This little washer fell out and almost cost me my house....

The loose coupling allowed gas to catch fire and burn off the hose

Luckily a neighbor saw it and used an extinguisher