Monday, May 12, 2014

Saturday May 10, 2014 Loja Trip

THANK YOU to the patrons of GringoPost for voting me BEST PHOTOGRAPHER for 2014 !

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

MY NEW PORTRAIT STUDIO IS NOW OPEN !!!!  Book your session now.
See details and more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.


Saturday May 10, 2014
This date was my second and last day in Loja.   A good portion of today was spent in the University Botanical park at the south end of the city.  It was a lovely day and it did not rain.
 NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

The backyard has a lot of beauty

It also has a few old relics

This was crying to go in my backpack to Cuenca

More neat artworks

I hope to see these for sale somewhere

Gorgeous plant life

Don't eat the plants though...

Looking across the beautiful courtyard

He guards the entrance to San Francisco church

San Francisco is truly beautiful

This is the main nave

This is the small altar in the right aisle

A closer shot of the main altar

This is the side altar to the left

A candle loses no light by sharing its flame

Taxis start at 35c and go up by pennies...  Cheap!

A view northward over Loja

Some fast facts for the area

A stuffed bird from this area

Another stuffed bird

The gal said these monkeys are in the area but I didn't see any

I'm glad I didn't see this character either...

Petrified wood over 60 million years old.  I counted...

Then we got to the Botanical gardens

They even had a labyrinth 

A young agave

Lots of sun for growth

Pretty flowers

Too early for Christmas

Love these, great colour

Machete required for passage

These are about the size of my smallest fingernail

Each leaf could provide good shade or act as an umbrella

This statue of Diana was captivating

Another candidate for my backpack

So very pretty

Diana, the huntress

An uncoiling branch


Wow, great colours

#1 of Loja panorama

#2 of Loja panorama

#3 of Loja panorama

A chapel at a hilltop cemetery

Part of the courtyard again

Yellow calla lilies

Gotta love this mirror

Setting in a local restaurant

Damien set to play for us

Damien singing "Guantanamera"

Beautiful base to an accent table