Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday May 27, 2014 Tom Visits

THANK YOU to the patrons of GringoPost for voting me BEST PHOTOGRAPHER for 2014 !

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

MY NEW PORTRAIT STUDIO IS NOW OPEN !!!!  Book your session now.
See details and more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.


Tuesday May 27, 2014
Today my plan was to again close off the terrace, and see what was wrong with the hummingbird feeder that my Tommy was ignoring.  When I emptied it and took it completely apart I found some papers that had been stuck over the feeding holes so that solved the mystery.   Once I refilled it, it was acting the way it was intended to.
I later headed out of my bedroom/office and I heard hummingbird chatter that was extremely close and loud.  I opened the door to the terrace and was startled to see two hummers inside.  One immediately scooted out the open window but the other just sat on the edge of a wooden box and watched me for a long time.   Then suddenly he scooted to my left and through the terrace door into the house where he explored the upper landing for a while so I grabbed the camera and took a couple of shots.  I was hoping he would come back to the open terrace door but I also opened the bedroom window as well so he would have two easy ways of escape.  However he soon became agitated and tried to go through the closed window on the landing, noisily bashing his long beak.  I did not want to traumatize the little guy so I gingerly reached over and slid open the window and screen on the landing.  Very quickly he spotted the opening and scooted out.
I was worried that this might scare him away but apparently not.  I then decided to hang the new feeder from the rope outside my window once again and Tom easily came up for a drink.    The photos are not great but they confirm my story.
I remembered seeing a bird feeder made from a plastic pop bottle and drinking straws and I tried to find the plans on the Internet without much luck so I just went to work and made my own design, a hybrid of some of the others.  I am letting the glue dry solidly before I add some birdseed and hang it outside near the hummingbird feeder. This should put the birds in  nice line for taking photos.   We'll find out tomorrow.

Today I had a visit from Andres, the English-speaking salesman with ServiCable to try to straighten out my problems with their service.   They are to remove the TV cable installed on Friday because it does not suit my needs at all.   Andres took many photos of the screen to show the technicians how bad the reception is.
Then we tackled the Internet issue because I am not getting anywhere near the speed I am paying for.  After he determined that I was indeed not pulling their collective legs, he promised to return tomorrow morning with their head technician to try to solve things.  He even promised to bump my Interment service to a higher level in compensation.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

I was surprised when he darted inside the house

At first he seemed content to explore

He seemed in command of his situation

He seemed oblivious to me for now

Then he began to look for an escape route

He hit the glass a few times before I managed to open that window for him

He returned to feed right away.  Whew!

Welcome back Tom!