Thursday, October 1, 2026

Thursday October 1, 2026 Elephant

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Thursday October 1, 2026

Happy heavenly Birthday brother Germain.  I sure miss being able to pick your brain on technical stuff that you were so good at.

Today was all about arranging a surprise for niece Dawn when she returns from her week in Calgary...

Dawn had always wanted a neighbor's wooden elephant to put in her apartment, along with a sign "Don't let the Elephant out"! 

Well, friend Tracey found one at the African Store and placed it in a hand-coloured gift bag with a card.  I brought it back here last night, made up the laminated signs, and set it all up this afternoon the way I thought would be most effective.

I sent Tracey pictures and she replied that she thought it would be more of a surprise in the gift bag, so I put it back that way,.. no skin off my nose...  I think Dawn will freak out in delight at this great gesture by dear Tracey....♥

The temperatures are dropping awfully close to 0C and the steady winds are trying to denude the trees, but I am amazed that many flowers are still hanging in there, although not my rosebush....  I need to find a cover for it for over the winter....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


My version for the surprise

The sign for the door

Tracey's version

My roses are definitely done for the season

Hollyhocks looking good

Sunflowers are always lovely