Saturday, October 3, 2026

Saturday October 3, 2026 Fleas

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Saturday October 3, 2026

Thursday, the Oilers played the Canucks in Vancouver and each team really only played 30 minutes each, taking turns scoring a goal on every third shot...  The coaches will be livid at the effort, even though we came out on top 9-7...  Really a pitiful start, and too many good players (4) hurt, so we have to play real sketchy players who are woeful to watch...  Only our main line is producing, and they easily lead the league in the early scoring derby.  In 2 games, we allowed 13 goals by Vancouver, one of the poorest teams in the league!  Totally unacceptable.  The new coach was supposed to lay the law down and only one line is listening.  I sure hope we dump a lot of the deadwood.  One defence pairing is already -9, after just 2 games... Horrible stats...

Yesterday, I treated niece Dawn to a quick meal at Harvey's, and I was rewarded with a whole blueberry cobbler and ice cream...  I am so spoiled!  That will last me for 4 days!

My Calgary Stampeders actually beat the Saskatchewan Roughriders..!!  OMG, that is 3 wins in a row, they say.... still in the hunt for the Grey Cup!

This morning, I got up way too early to go to an indoor garage sale put on by The Chantamis, the French choral group where one of our cousins is a member.  She wasn't there, but there were so many things at good prices, but the "need vs want" mode took hold and I came home with a drink opener/corkscrew combination that I needed for $1.

I wasn't so good when we then went to the huge Queen Mary Flea Market...  I saw an Oiler hoodie (I have very little Oiler merchandise) and the price was only $40, brand new so it came home with me...  I only have at least 4 other hoodies that I barely use...

I also found a plastic cap gun and caps for $8.  As I watch for loiterers and thieves cruising our parking lot at all hours, I want something to scare them off, besides my small loud-hailer, which I have used to warn guys away...

Lots of sports to watch today! Canada beat Peru in soccer.  My guy, Marc Marquez, won the MotoGP sprint.  Later, the Oilers play the Kracken and the Toronto Raptors begin their pre-season.  

 I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

I was surprised how loud this was!!  Perfect!!

Have to show loyalty at times...