Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday October 4, 2026 Autumn

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Sunday October 4, 2026

 I was up too darn early, 9am, and never did wake up fully all day...

I went to the Library to drop off 6 books in exchange for 2.

I waited there to hook up with friend Tracey to show up on her red Gio to go together for a "Rip", as she calls it...

We went down the funicular at the Hotel MacDonald to the river valley to enjoy the fall foliage and to also just enjoy the 19C fresh air. 

At one point we followed a dead-end road and came across a man taking photos of this slender model.  He admitted to Tracey that he had just confessed his love to her and had just asked her to marry him.  Tracey is already invited to the wedding....

We continued to Hawrelak Park as Tracey had not been there since it closed for 2 years of renovations.  We enjoyed the geese and the ambiance while Tracey kept meeting old friends along the way.

We came back via the High Level Bridge and pulled in at our Manoir to meet up with niece Dawn so she could visit with Tracey while I maneuvered a framed Canadian Paralympic Team jersey up to her suite.  That was given to her by her daughter's live-in who is a coach with the team.  Waiting on a kitchen chair for me there was an authentic Team Canada hoodie....♥♥

I have such good friends!!! 

 I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Tracey descending in the Funicular

The gorgeous river valley

The Edmonton Queen

Familiar landmark, the MacDonald


Decorations on municipal boxes











Tracey and newly engaged friend





Entering Hawrelak Park

















Tracey


Tracey and friend Georgie

On Saskatchewan Drive





Rutherford House?


Tracey

Old guy in fancy hoodie