Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday October 29, 2013 Rommie's Art

All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
You may see other of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/

Tuesday October 29, 2013 
Here is an ad in today's GrigoPost:
A new show of the vibrant and wonderfully unique Textile and Wearable Art created by Australian artist, Rommie Remmington, will open tomorrow.  During Fiesta de Cuenca there will be special gallery hours from 11 to 6. In addition to Rommie's Textile Art, there will be an "All Things Alpaca" crafts exhibition by Patricia Espadero Ponce. Pumamaqui Galerias is located on Honorato Vazquez 6-28, right next door to Moliendo's Cafe, between Borrero and Hermano Miguel. Both exhibits will be at the Galerias for the month of November. Happy Festival de Cuenca!
So I stopped in to see Rommie and Charles as they were setting up.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

The display includes many different kinds of apparel

Very durable stuff

This one reminded me of a bleached cow skull

There is even some wall art

Very colourful alapaca jackets

Charles looks good in hats of any style

The Pumamaqui Galleria has a lovely open courtyard

The bee was oblivious to my presence

I love furry fronds

Colourful fronds too

Lots of ferns here