Thursday, July 24, 2014

Tuesday-Thursday July 22-24 , 2014 Trivia, Dance

MY NEW PORTRAIT STUDIO IS NOW CLOSED !!!!  
See more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Tuesday-Thursday July 22-24 , 2014
Tuesday night was Trivia Night at Roux Bistro again as we defended our win from last week.  We were on top of the leader board so we bet all our points on the final question, "In the 60's, what was called the 'pleasure pit'?"  We guessed a jacuzzi, but the answer was a water bed, so we lost out.  Roux continues to get sellout crowds every Tuesday and it gets very boisterous and warm.
Wednesday I made an addition of a canopy to my homemade birdseed feeder.  The small birds visit it regularly and hopefully the fancy addition will keep any rain from making the seeds all soggy.
I also had a late night visit from some Ecuadorian neighbours and they were looking for signatures to name, and to pave, our street.  They said our street already had a couple of street signs put up so I checked and, sure enough, it is called "Calle Puebla De Los Angeles".  The signs are at either end of the street, but none on our block yet.
Tonight I again made a visit to Dance Club Cuenca at the Eucalyptus Cafe.  I didn't decide until 2 hours before, but I had promised a friend that I would be there so I felt obligated.  At least I managed to more comfortable with the foxtrot step.  Again there were at least 3 women for every guy there so things are a little awkward when trying to partner up for a dance.  Then the downstairs was so packed with regular patrons that there was almost no place to sit, or dance, so only 3 people stayed for the "free dance".  Personally, I hate dancing on a postage stamp, so I left too.  I know that I won't go back again.  Too bad.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  


The "Bar Team" is planning strategy at Roux

The small bistro is wall-to-wall people.

My fancy rain cover for the feeder

Yahoo!  We finally have a street name....

Lots of ladies, few guys at Dance Club Cuenca

Lots of room on a nice hardwood floor

Much time was spent on "silly dances" tonight

Everyone was jovial about it and had a good time

Partners not required for "silly dances"

It is a shame that we couldn't continue to use all this room.

Attempting to dance on this postage stamp downstairs was not appealing at all.