Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tuesday July 15, 2014 Todos Santos, Trivia

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.


Tuesday July 15, 2014
I had 3 widespread appointments today so I had some time to wander around and take a few photos.   I started with a noon lunch with the founder of Hearts Of Gold to discuss the past BBQ and Barn Dance.  We learned a lot of things with this event again and future events can only get better as a result.
Then I finally got to see the newly opened Todos Santos church which I photograph often from the outside.  For $2 I got a view of the inside and a tour of the grounds as well.
Next was a meeting with a few of the Coopera fellows where we signed a letter requesting an audience with the new Provincial Governor appointed by President Correa.  I am now privy to a lot of inside information, which I am sworn not to divulge, but which seems to bode well for the recovery of our funds.
Then I wandered around downtown with my friend Marco, bought a nice shirt for $5 and a foldable black felt cowboy hat for $20.
Finally my aching feet got me over to Roux Cafe for Trivia night.  Our team of myself, Natasha, Neil, and Dave were in the thick of it all night and were the only ones to get the final question:  What are the 4 phases of cell division?  Neil managed to come up with that answer, so our HoG (Hearts Of Gold) Heaven team has now won twice in about the last 6 weeks.  Hooray for us.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Todos Santos stories #1

Todos Santos stories #2

The main aisle

Lovely cross

The altar section

Altar close-up

Side niche

View to the south

View to the southwest

Not sure, but I think they were cooking walnuts outside

Using cement to prop up ancient tree

Wood oven in bakery

The main cathedral, Immaculate Conception

Magnificent view through Parque Calderon

The convent on the right has been restored after a fire


Love the walkway through there

Side altar in Immaculate Conception

Main altar area, poorly lit

The main altar cross

Side altar to honour Mary

Lots of candles lit all the time

HoG Heaven, Trivia champs at Roux

HoG Heaven, mugging for the camera.