Thursday, September 17, 2026

Thursday September 17, 2026 Walkabout

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Thursday September 17, 2026

Sunday, it was a bit cool, but I took the Gio to the Library anyway.  This time, I grabbed every John Sandford book, mostly the "Prey" series, that was on the shelves here.  I still have a few more on hold, arriving soon.

Monday, I spent most of the day working on photos again, waiting for the weather to warm up.

Tuesday, very early,... too early,... I took the Regal to the Central Tire garage to get the oil changed, to get it winterized and all the fluids topped up. They called me later asking if they could keep it another day because they were so backed up.  I said OK, but walked by later to make sure it was kept inside overnight!!  They look after me very well there.  Good, honest mechanics are a Godsend.

Wednesday, early, they called to say it was ready, all done, and nothing new to worry about...  

 

I had been looking at cars on Facebook Marketplace just for something to do, mainly for my friend Roy, and there seem to be some very nice bargains out there...  But, better the devil you know, and the Regal is sufficient for me.  There is no need to spend more money again.

In the evening, Dawn had invited myself and Tracey for chicken cacciatiore and cherry cobbler.  Again, I ate way too much of that amazing meal, topped with some nice red wine...

Today, my one Temu delivery arrived, later than promised, .. again... but it was just clothes I had ordered for Cristina, so no urgency...

Then, as the weather has again turned perfectly, I went walkabout on the Gio past my usual haunts and took a few snaps.

I followed that with my Thursday usual, fish'n'chips at The Common.  I love those outings!!! 

Cristina says they are getting small earthquakes almost every day, and niece Ana felt them in her 4th floor office, for sure....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

See the bee?