Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday March 16, 2014 Rain On Immaculate Conception

Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Sunday March 16, 2014 
 Most of my plans for the day went completely sideways so I decided to go downtown just to stretch my legs.  The weather did not look so bad when I left home but the heavens decided to open for about 1/2 hour in El Centro.  That cleared out what few folks were around and caused the few open shops to close.
Immaculate Conception shots must really be taken in the daytime because it is so poorly lit at night, and I am rarely downtown at night.  How about that Addams Family truck, eh???
 My little language buddy Juan was supposed to move in today after months of planning, but he decided to try to force, with 8 hours to go, a 30% reduction in rent.  I was not impressed with this brazen late tactic and, since it was no way to start a business relationship, he is now looking elsewhere for his privacy.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

I sure never expected to see this in El Centro

I stayed out of the rain

Immaculate Conception looks more alive when it is wet

I was hoping for a better reflection

It was our typical 1/2 hour dump of rain

This family sought refuge in the gazebo