Saturday, March 15, 2014

Friday March 14, 2014 Portraits

Please note that you can SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog if you enjoy the photos and the accompanying stories.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted at aljbourassa@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Also please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/
All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Friday March 14, 2014
The weather is quickly changeable but always comfortable here, at the most requiring a light jacket.  If the mornings are drizzly, then the afternoons are usually sunny and warm.  Gotta love it.
Friday morning I was helped by Carlos to get registered for health coverage on the IESS (Ecuadorian Social Security benefits) mainly because the attending hospital and doctors are only a couple of blocks away.  Apparently virtually everything is covered, even the prescriptions, after a 3 month waiting period.
I giddily purchased a new portrait software program that my friend Mark has and am playing with it with great enjoyment.  The possibilities are absolutely incredible so I am very pleased with the exciting results.  I am showing you the amazing changes I have made to a very ordinary photograph of myself to give you an idea, and I have a lot to learn about it yet.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

San Cenaculo spires

Sunny afternoon.  Hospital IESS is at the rear.

A foggy morning


Original photo

After Portrait program

Further refined in Photoshop