Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday July 22, 2012 Latino Festival


All work is copyright protected and may not be used in any way without purchase or permission by me.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work.   Comments are graciously accepted.
You may see more artwork for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/

Sunday July 22/12 update
I took a little artistic liberty with two shots from yesterday of the lion cubs.  I hope you like them as I uncaged them.  They will be posted for sale over the next few days.
We attended the eighth annual Latino Festival today at Parque Paraiso.  I found my friend Jesus from Big Kabuda’s Burgers at the Venezuelan food booth.  He suggested I try this pita filled with chicken so I did, with a drink for $2.  He wasn’t kidding, it was really good!  
I got introduced to his Venezuelan buddies and Jesus says he is going to join forces with these folks for next year.   The blurb on GringoTree described it thus:  ~~~ The 8th Annual Latin Festival is Sunday July 22 at Parque El Paraiso. Singing and dancing groups from Colombia, Cuba, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela and Ecuador will perform from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. In addition, there will be booths selling food from the participating countries. Admissions is free.~~~~
They had good entertainment, a loud puppet show, lots of hawkers and you could get your picture taken with a llama.  Kids were blowing bubbles everywhere.  I opted for a caricaturist for $2 and it was good for a laugh, especially to the critics watching….   The people were there from ARCA with lots of dogs to adopt.  I hope a few of those lovely animals found good homes today.
I took a few videos, mostly of Colombian performers and strung them together.  It is long but you can fast-forward to catch pieces of different song and dance routines.  Here it is:  http://youtu.be/L72wnqptD3s
As I was walking out I saw two mounted policemen on fine steeds and then saw two pickup trucks with family seated in the box.  I got a shot of one group, but the other one had six people in the back, with room for six more. 
Enjoy.

Born Free 1

Born Free 2

Llama 1

Serious baby

Blowing bubbles

Caricaturist starts

Soon we have a crowd of critics

I dunno.....

In a way it looks like me??

Colombian dancers 1

Colombian dancers 2

Colombian dancers 3

Colombian performer 1

Colombian performer 2

Adopt this Sharpei please

Showing off dogs for adoption

Room for more family

Mounted policemen

Latino Festival


Llama 2

Llama 3

Llama 4

Painted kitty face

Contented baby

Puppet Show

Venezuelan man

Typical Venezuelan food - good!

Venezuelan and child

Jesus on the left with 2 Venezuelan buddies