Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tuesday January 16, 2018 HATE bureaucracy



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday January 16, 2018
Sorry about the few Blogs but we have been a trifle busy...  Cristina leaves Friday afternoon for Colombia so we are trying to get a ton of loose ends cleared up.
While Cristina was transferring dogs back from the ARCA vet, one managed to paw down the weak door of the crate and jump on the road...  It is a good thing that Cecilia spotted Buddy, the escapee.  I have adjusted the crate somewhat for use by Princesa instead as she is calmer.  They will also be in an enclosed van for the trip to Colombia so there is less chance ofany wild escapes again.
They say that getting one thing accomplished in one day in Ecuador is an accomplishment in itself.  Even that is optimistic on some days,.. like today..
I dragged Cristina downtown to go to the place I bought the cheap Freetel phone (Claro sells them) and, of course, they were closed for lunch...  I went to the Claro service place around the corner and the technician assured us that the phone just needed charging and $15 for activation and all would be fine, come back in an hour...
So we went for lunch (at the Colombian cafe of course) and then tried to talk to someone at the nearest Banco Pichincha branch to add Cristina to that account as a signatory.  I have dealt with Banco Pichincha for 6 bloody years and you would swear that we were trying to open an account from scratch...  They want utitlity bills, copies of cedulas, and sign away our lives.  I was not very happy at such stupidity, which even by Ecuadorian standards is overly excessive but BP has always been a pain to deal with.  However I may need them if I decide to rent the house including utilities and internet because all the payments come out of BP.  They also could handle wire transfers to Colombia...  Would it be too much to ask that things are simplified and reasonable....  Apparently yes...
We went back to the Claro technician and he admitted defeat, that the phone was toast.  He said that the phone is not covered by Claro so he could not honor the 1-year guarantee (bought Feb 24/17).  So we went back to the place we bought it and they want to keep the phone until noon tomorrow, and yes, it is a phone sold by Claro.  I am fully expecting everybody to just wring their hands and disavow any warranty coverage,.. this is Ecuador...
My Microsoft Office Professional 2016 is again giving me the gears about a Product Key (third time) so Marco from MarkoSoft is actually coming to my house tonight to do the fix here....  Hopefully this will be a permanent fix...
January is here and the rains are every day and the rivers are swollen again.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Raining longer and harder these last few days

We don't want a repeat of last year's rainfall

The spots are raindrops caught by the flash