Thursday, September 21, 2017

Wednesday-Thursday September 19-20, 2017 Health/OBG



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday-Thursday September 19-20, 2017
Wednesday I had to be at Monte Sinai to get my upper extremities jolted by electric shocks at 9:30.  They stuck needles in me and that definitely wasn’t fun.
Then I went in the next block for some more Cold Laser Therapy.  Maybe that is working for others, and I thought I would give it a second chance, but it really isn’t doing anything for me unfortunately.  I am beginning to grasp at straws already.
I had to come back to Monte Sinai at 5:30 to get my results and  then I was at the OBG dance handling the door, etc. at Villa San Carlos.  We had about 40 people because we had a lot of walk-ins to counteract the many no-shows.  I hooked up a couple of friends and they seemed to enjoy each other’s company.  My friend Miriam Luse actually donated a bunch of masks for us to sell at the bargain-basement price of $1 each!!  She is always such a sweetheart.  We sold several tonight.

Thursday has been just the day from hell...  I had to be up early again to try to talk to the triumvirate of doctors at my surgeon Omar Sarmiento’s office.  First they took all the patients of Dr Nelson Lopez while we stood and stood outside.  Finally after 75 minutes they started on Omar’s patients.  I let myself get elbowed aside twice before standing my ground, because I had been standing for 90 minutes and I had Gustavo with me to interpret.
They looked at the test conclusions which say my condition is abnormal, etc.  They looked at my MRI again and told me to come back to see Omar on Monday to get my prescriptions changed.  First they wanted to switch me to Lyrica??sp which is also a drug for epileptics but they say IESS doesn’t carry it, so I would have to pay for it out-of-pocket and that it was expensive..  So I said then why don’t I just stay with the Gabapent which IESS does carry..??  They said OK, but my dosage of 3 – 300mg pills is to be dropped to 2 – 150mg pills per day….  This is another of those times when I really wonder if they have a clue what they are doing…???  First was 2 – 300mg, then 3 - 300mg, and now I am back to essentially 1 – 300mg a day, and none of these dosages are having any beneficial effect…
Then they say that my recovery may be 2 years, without full recovery, and a lot more physiotherapy.  This is not what I wanted to hear at all and I am beginning to get really depressed with it all…
I had to get out some quick blurbs on the Hallowe'en dance for OBG for which I had designed the flyer which was printed by George.  I think we will get an excellent turnout for that dance.
Then I had the mechanic Diego come over to my house to solve Buzzer’s cantankerousness in starting up the last couple of weeks.  He made some adjustments and kick-started him back to life.  What a relief.  Then he didn’t want to take any money…  Silly man.
Now that Buzzer was running, I had to take him to my other mechanic Geovanny, who has moved locations to Guapondelig.  My new lights had quit working and, since Geovanny had re-wired all that, he was the guy to solve it. After taking off the front cowling he discovered that a relay had just come apart, so he held it tight with 2 zipties.  Then he somehow injured one of the lights and the prongs would not stay out to greet their receptacle.  Finally I went a couple of doors down and got some Crazy Glue and that solved that problem.  After a good hour of fighting with this he wanted $2…  Obviously both mechanics got a lot more than they were asking…
Then I got called to a meeting for a local caterer that needs some refreshing, personal photos for social media.  I won’t go into details, but I probably will have several sessions next week to get what they want.
But, now my computer has decided that it doesn’t want to recognize my different drives, USB’s or the card reader… which I dearly need to operate….   After about 5 hours of serious cussing, it finally responded for a moment and I took advantage of it.  It obviously needs a serious enema.  Maybe tomorrow I will try to get that done…  I can't have this uncertainty when I am starting to get Commercial work.
Tonight’s ride with the Herederos got supplanted with a congregation of any bike groups at the Estadio.  But Gustavo was not going and I didn’t want to be in a mass group sitting at every light on Remigio Crespo or downtown, so I stayed to work with the computer.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  They are night shots in really low light with the Lumix so they are pretty horrible, sorry.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Selection of the donated masks

The folks slowly filter in

It doesn't take long for the dancing to start

Partner, or no partner, it is all for fun and exercise

Many different dance styles on display

Fabiola trying out the new masks

Cheap costume for $1, so anybody can come...

Now we're rockin'

Everybody dances eventually

The staff are very good to us

Lots of people, but lots of room too

Changing songs...

Some of our regulars

Everybody is having a good time for sure

The dance floor is seldom empty

Everybody is looking forward to Hallowe'en

This is the flyer that I designed