Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tuesday March 28, 2017 Art

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒
WooHoo!!!!…..  You may again SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
******
Tuesday March 28, 2017
The rain we are having in Cuenca is very reminiscent of the rains in Okotoks, Alberta in 2005. Consistent rains simply saturated the land so the water had nowhere to go except to the low spots in town where the sewers could not handle the load. Therefore we had floods on June 7, 17, and 27. When walking the dogs this Monday morning, every step was squishy because the rain is no longer being absorbed into the ground. They have recently upgraded the sewers in many parts of Cuenca. I do hope that they can handle the load.

Peter, my sound system supplier for the OBG dance has suffered a car accident and hopes to get his car back within a week.   I need a backup plan,... because this is Ecuador.

Somebody posted a silly graffiti art program on FaceBook and I had to try it....  What do you think???


Today I put out the OBG dance info to the dancers on my email list and made a small note on Facebook.  I need to be careful not to invite TOO many people to this free dance.
Then we went downtown to El Centro to take care of business, i.e. will, power-of-attorney, burial instructions,.. all the necessary end-of-life documents.  I started this last year with a US-trained attorney new to Cuenca and it was a disaster.  Then I had the accident and luckily I am recovering from that, but it sure drove the point home as to how important it is to have this advance planning done, or poor Cristina would be completely lost.  My documents need to be reviewed, amended to conform to local law, approved, translated, and all proper documents re-drawn.  They figure it can be done in a week.
The office is right downtown, on the second floor.  I looked down in the center courtyard to see one of these floors tiled in an optical illusion.  See the photo below...  What do you see????   Maybe diamonds, boxes, ribbons, stairs,....??????



Then I went to help a friend, Cesar at T-Rex, to take photos for him but he had an emergency so we got postponed, but had a good lunch.  He had some neat art on the wall that i could not resist photographing for my pleasure in making new artworks...

I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day's excitement. Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.