Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday February 12, 2017 Herederos Paseo

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google, it doesn’t seem to be working at all. Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Sunday February 12, 2017
Today we joined the Herederos del Pasado de Cuenca for a ride out to an acreage near Sidcay owned by the family of the club's Secretary.  Cristina even agreed to come, because she was asked by other members, not me, and she knew that she would have someone to talk to.   The occasion was to celebrate the 2nd Anniversary of the founding of the club, cake and all...
We gathered at 9:30 am at the Puente Roto (Broken Bridge) and headed out.  The route chosen by the President was closed off by Transit Police so we just took a different road.   We couldn't have asked for a nicer day and, after 3 days with significant stretches outside, I am a darker shade of pink today.
Being out in the country again is so refreshing.  The club had a fellow come with a "chancho" pig, heated with a propane torch and eaten in stages.  Almost nothing is left over from a chancho pig, everything is used, so it is sometimes better not to ask what we are being served.  The torched skin is a real delicacy.  I offered the curly tail to Cristina but she declined.
Then the club held small competitions in different classes, up to 150 cc, then 151-200cc, motocross bikes, and the women.  I kinda wanted to try it, after watching some of the wimpy efforts, but my common sense told me not to push my luck.  I took a few videos as well, but I am having trouble getting them in the proper portrait orientation so I am going to have to ask for help I think.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

The lovely Rio Tomebamba

Cristina and Luz waiting

Looking west along the Rio Tomebamba

You know that I can't resist Todos Santos

Puente Roto (Broken Bridge)

The group starts to gather

I never noticed this above the stairs before...

A sizeable group arrives in Sidcay

Just had to do a panorama with the Lumix

And another in the other direction.  I am amazed how it stops the action...

Parents of the Secretary awaiting us

The poor cake took a beating in transit

Another shot of the neighbourhood

Enjoying the sun

Kids enjoying early Carnaval fun

Another neighbourhood shot.  Look at that sky!

The kids had no mercy on anyone

Even Grandpa got fully foamed

No-one is immune

Here comes the chancho pig

Even our motos got a shampoo

This was a great spot

Waiting for the first round of food

This is a great house for entertaining in the walkout

Group #1

Group #2

Group #3

Group #4

Our generous hosts

The side dishes are ready

Cutting off squares of the roasted skin

Curly tail anyone?

Caption this any way you want...  My shot of the day

Another great capture I think...

The girls enjoying the first round of food

Scoring from the first 150cc race

One of the participants going for Gold

He kept telling us that it was morning....

Avoiding the big water gun

More people come for the second round of food, the pork...

We were all digging in

A TAME flight went by