Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday February 13, 2017 Undulations

Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google, it doesn’t seem to be working at all. Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Monday February 13, 2017
Sorry, no photos today, just a rant...  Monday the 13th was more like Friday the 13th!!! 
One of the first things I tried to do this morning was to prepare my list of receipts for the SRI refund.  My bootleg Excel program is no longer working, along with Word, so I have to use Libre Office.  I tried to fill in the RUC number of the first receipt and it says that it would not accept it because it has to be 13 digits.  Jeepers, it IS 13 digits!!  I tried everything to fix, it, alignment, unproteted,... nothing worked.
So... I tried to do the online submission which I have not used for almost a year.  I had no problem listing my facturas on this form..!!  Of course they have changed that process..  When you get near the end you have choices of "actual" or "electronic" receipts.  When I clicked on the electronic selection it popped up a list of only 8 receipts....  When I reversed course to the actual receipts and did the submission, it rejected a pile of the receipts...  I am therefore still convinced that SRI creates these problems to piss everyone off so that they will quit submitting for the refunds.
So I printed off the XL spreadsheet and went to talk to the people at the SRI office.  They said that the printed online form will be acceptable with the signed cover page for the personal submission, BUT my printer did not print everything that was on my screen, so I need to make a return trip....
I had some time so I went to the nearby Claro office to change from Movistar and get on their $20 plan with the "new" Samsung S7 clone phone that I bought from a friend for $90 on Saturday.  I was all excited to finally get this done.  They force me to use Banco Pichincha instead of Banco Del Austro, which isn't a big, big deal, but just annoying that I couldn't use my prefered source of funds.
After the wait, then gathering all the pertinent information, they scanned the serial number on the phone and tell me that they can't use this phone because it is reported stolen..  Oh boy, that made me a real happy camper...!!
Then it was off for a quick $2 burger  and fried before Spanish class.  Class with Teo is probably the only thing that went right today, very enjoyable, and I am actually beginning to absorb some proper Spanish.
I got home and Cristina needed me to accompany her to the clinic at Huayna Capac again.  We waited over 1/2 hour for the #15 to show up, full of course, so I was forced to stand for most of the trip.  The quick blood pressure check and the pick up of the results of her bloodwork took just a few minutes, then it was another wait for the #15 back home.
A quick walk with the dogs and I crashed for a couple of hours, which is getting to be the norm after the early 5am wake-ups every day..
Then, because the new phone is no longer an option (I arranged to get my money back), I decided to change to the cheap, but value-packed, Alcatel phone that I brought from Canada.  That meant inputting my whole phone list of 4.5 pages so that took a few hours.  I had tested the phone quite a while back to be certain that it was unlocked and would accept the Ecuador Movistar chip, so I began this long process, enduring severe shoulder pain.  Once finished, I swapped the chips and retired my old Samsung which was dying and becoming unreliable.  Then I get the error message on the main screen that there is no SIM card....  I am almost fit to be tied after many unsuccessful attempts to get it to work.  Finally I decide to just restart the darn thing and see what happens.... and, guess what, it not only works, but the time that I bought is also transferred.   Finally I am happy to have a working phone, but am anxiously awaiting the visit of my niece who is bringing me some supplies from Canada, including my new Motorola G4 Plus, so I can finally et a Claro plan and be current with my friends and groups with Whatsapp....
 That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al