Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Wednesday January 25, 2017 Outage



Souvenir Photo Studio is now open.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google,  it doesn’t seem to be working at all.  Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Wednesday January 25, 2017
Today I broke another milestone in my recovery.  I was up at 4am walking the dogs and I actually walked the long route that I normally did with them.  At that time of the morning the dogs are calm without the distractions of other dogs and people.
I had another wonderful Spanish lesson at the Instituto Cuenca.  Teo is so gentle and understanding, it is such a pleasure to learn from him.
Today I also took a chance to make a couple of home repairs on my own.  I was reminded by a hack on Facebook how to mend wall anchors that have loosened... by putting pieces of toothpicks in the oversized hole on the side of the anchors and re-screwing the screws.  Oh I am so proud of myself...
Then about 5:30 our power went out, as it did for pockets of our neighbours behind us and across the street.  It seems that everyone had a turn at calling Empresa Electrica for help and a crew finally showed up at 7:30 or so to repair the transformer on the corner.  I was watching with the Lumix (which I haven't figured out how to make the flash work... Grrr) and just missed the technician causing a sower of sparks when he first went op the ladder.  Anyway, 1/2 hour later it was nice to have lights.  We take for granted the convenience we have with usually reliable water and power, it sure is a wake-up call to do without.
Hope to sell Toxic tomorrow to an American friend.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Finally the crew shows up, ladder attached to the truck

Just missed a shower of sparks, no danger?

Soon "Let there be light".